Complaints Procedure

Tell us if you are not happy

It is important to us that you receive a good service from us.  If you are unhappy about the handling of your work you should first raise this with the person who is acting for you.  The person acting for you and, where relevant, the Partner to whom they are responsible, will try to resolve the issue to your satisfaction and will set out the issues and their response in writing.

The Complaints Partner is Neil Howlett

Complaints Procedure

If that does not resolve the issue to your satisfaction you can complain directly to our Complaints Partner.  It is helpful if you can put your Complaint in writing and, if you have several, tell us which are the most important to you.  Please also let us know how you want us to contact you (e.g. post, phone or email).  Any Complaint by a Client of the Complaints Partner will be considered by another Partner.

The Complaints Partner will contact you within three days of receiving your Complaint.  They will then review your file and any comments by the person responsible for it.  The Complaints Partner will respond to you in writing with a response within 21 days, with copies being sent to the person responsible for your file.  If further time is required to consider your Complaint we will tell you as soon as possible, explain why and give you a date for the response.  The response of the Complaints Partner is binding on us.

If you are not satisfied with the response you can ask the Complaints Partner to review it.  That will be done within 14 days of receiving your request.

If we cannot resolve your Complaint you can ask the Legal Ombudsman to consider your complaint.  Normally, you will need to bring a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of receiving a final written response from us about your complaint or within six years of the act or omission about which you are complaining occurring (or if outside of this period, within three years of when you should reasonably have been aware of it).  You may also be entitled to ask the court to assess a bill under Part III of the Solicitors Act 1974.  The Legal Ombudsman may not consider a complaint about the bill if you have applied to the court for it to be assessed.

For more information see:

Call 0300 555 0333 8.30am to 5.30pm – Calls to 03 numbers will cost no more than calls to national geographic numbers (starting 01or 02) from both mobiles and landlines, and will be included as part of any inclusive call minutes or discount schemes in the same way as geographic calls. Calls are recorded and may be used for training and monitoring purposes.

From overseas, +44 121 245 3050           Minicom call 0300 555 1777

Email or write to:

Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ

Complaints Procedure as a PDF (66kb)